Saturday, January 19, 2013

SketchCrawl #38

This morning I met up with five other artists downtown to participate in my very first SketchCrawl. It's the 38th world wide event, where people all over join in for a day (or several hours) of sketching, then post their artwork online to share with other SketchCrawlers. It was a chilly day here, so we met at the downtown Starbucks, thinking we'd disperse from there, then meet up later at a different spot to share our sketches. Well, 4 out of the 5 of us ended up staying right there, content and warm to draw what we could see from our table. Here are 2 of my sketches from today: 



Fast and fun sketches! Enjoyed the company, and also the opportunity to play with my watercolors. Works in progress - for sure - I can see where I'd like to improve some bits of these, but also was concerned about working too much and losing the fresh quick capture. 

Looking forward to the next SketchCrawl opportunity! 


No comments:

Post a Comment